What is involved in buying your first home?
You have decided to buy your first home and not sure how you would get started. I am going to break it down into some easy steps for you. Once you decide to live in Chowan County, you can research what homes are available for sale.
- First thing is to be search on Zillow, Trulia, or other realtor sites for houses that may be available in your area.
- Visit a lender and get prequalified. The lender is going to gather personal information from you so they can determine what price range you qualify for and discuss different types of loans that may fit your needs.
- After you have a prequalification letter, you are going to contact a realtor in the Chowan County area and talk with them about what you are looking for in a home. You may already have a list of homes to see, and the realtor may suggest some that they think you may like or meet your needs.
- You will set up appointments with your Realtor to view homes. After you have looked at a few, you will start narrowing down your Once you find the perfect home, you are going to make an offer.
- The fun begins when the offer is accepted. Your Realtor is going to go over inspections you will need to perform to make sure the home you are buying is a great deal, and there are no issues that you can cause you problems in the future.
- Your Realtor will arrange the following for you: a home inspection, termite inspection, survey, and appraisal. There are others that you may want to consider as well.
- During this time the lender is working on your loan. Once you get final approval, you are ready to close.
- The day before closing you will do a final walk through with your Realtor and make sure the house is in the same condition as it was the day you made your offer.
- The big day has arrived You will meet with your attorney and sign all the paperwork required to transfer ownership to you.
- Congratulations you just bought your first home.
For Real Estate and local information call, Fran Cuthrell, Broker, 252-339-7015
Please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EdentonNCRealEstate/ and give us a like.